Thursday, November 15, 2007

In My Opinion

So, I guess I will comment on......Our Price Of Freedom’s blog, it seemed to get a bit of attention so I will throw my two cents in. First off, I have completely contrasting views with you on this. I believe our country was founded by immigrants, it was built by immigrants, and continues to be run by children of those immigrants. Our Latino friends are no different; Hell as Texans we technically live in former Mexico. And I don't think they take our jobs. That's a load of crap. We Americans are snobs, and a lot of Immigrants take jobs that we could not imagine doing ourselves, at wages we sure as hell wouldn't accept. And as far as not paying taxes goes, they buy back into our economy, which includes a tax on just about everything (food, alcohol, tobacco, and gas). And what about those individuals that do get fake IDs and do pay into taxes that don't get the full benefits. Illegal Immigrants are trying to better themselves, their families, and their futures, and some of the hardest working people I have met are Immigrants, and trust me when I say they don't get treated fairly. Although many send money back home to Mexico, without it the Mexican economy would probably crash. I am honestly more concerned about so called "Americans" who have forgotten the basis this country was founded upon. I think we should all stop to ponder what the founding fathers of our nation would say in light of our opinions now.

No comments: